Thursday, May 1, 2008

Up go the savings

May is going to be a glorious month. 

Today, I can happily report that my emergency fund has reached $4,000. By the time the month ends, I will reach the magic mark of $5,000 - the halfway point to my goal. Woo hoo!

The frugal me is developing biceps of steel. 

Oh how my life has changed in a year.

While I had stopped using my credit card last January, I continued to shop regularly for $100 pair of shoes. I was no longer adding to my credit card debt, but I wasn't really paying it off either.

Today, I can say that I have purchased only clothing item this year -- a $16 shirt from a second-hand store. My credit card debt is gone. And my savings are sky rocketing.

Today, I feel unstoppable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!

Isn't meeting goals fun? My random goal was to pay another $12K in principal on my mortgage by next March. It's only May and I have paid $4K and feel very smug :)

(But I'm bad ... I bought $80 worth of shoes last weekend. Does it matter than I needed new ones for work?)